What is the best way to get the green card through employment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Boston, MA

Hello,
I am a MBA holder working for a religious NFP in the US. Do you think it is easier to apply for a green card as religious worker or as skilled/professional worker? Do you know how long the process takes?
Thank you very much

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . As a general rule, and without knowing more about the particulars, it is easier and much shorter to obtain a green card as a religious worker than try to be sponsored through employment with a general degree such as an MBA. Unless you ate offered a job in a skill requiring an MBA at entry level (doubt it), you'll fall I the EB-3 category, where it will take up to 6 years to obtain your green card, and you'll need to maintain valid non immigrant status throughout all those years..

Now you tell me: isn't obtaining a CG by qualifying as a RW much simpler, if you already meet the requirements?

2. Kristina A. Gasson

2

Answered . I agree with Mr Behar, but neither category is particularly "easy," and the time it will take may vary depending on the particulars of your situation. Let me know if my office can be of any assistance to you.

3. Irene Vaisman

Pro

2

Answered . religious worker is a very specific petition. I would recommend a personal consultation with an experienced business immigration attorney in your area.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.