What is the best way to get a 'settlement' option from Disney?

Manhattan Beach, CA |

if you sue them or press 'charge/EEOC' is it best to let EEOC invistigate the matter or just sue (got permission already) for one year sue letter i told them i want to solve for 'faster process' with 'settlement option' i am not seeking to Bankrupt Disney or hit the 'Jackpot' LMAO@!!! but i do want punishment for some of it's stupid employees who harassed the hell outta me. What is the best thing to do or what would u do i do have alot of evidence. and the company does have Surveillence. This would be a Civil Suit if lawsuit is taken.

See an employment litigator for help. Disney isn't known for settling with claimants, they're known for fighting everything. You definitely can't do this yourself, and as I've previously responded, the EEOC isn't likely to be able to force Disney to do much either.

I'm not even sure this is an employment case, because you mention surveillance and you categorized this under "personal injury," so you might not have even done your EEOC complaint properly.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

I echo Ms. Koslyn's answer. This is a personal injury forum, and your case seems like an employment law issue. You need to consult an employment law attorney immediately. There may be claim filing that must occur before suit can be filed, and other issues unique to employment law that should be considered. GOOD LUCK.

Adam Sorrells
Injury Lawyer in Chico

The above was not legal advice and cannot be relied on. For informational purposes only. Some of the time periods in which you are legal required to act can be incredibly short, some as short as 6 months. Time is of the essence, do not delay seeking legal advice and pursuing your legal rights. No attorney/client relationship formed.

It is hard to assess the merits of your case, based on the limited facts provided. However, if you were harassed by a fellow employee, based on your gender, age, race etc., and Disney knew of it and did nothing to prevent it, you may have a case against them. If the harasser was your supervisor, Disney would be liable regardless of whther they knew what was going on.

You have to be careful with timing because there are certain deadlines that you have to meet once you've received the "right to sue" letter. Most reputable employment lawyers will take the time to meet with you to discuss the case, and your evidence in support of it. I would recommend that you seek the advice of counsel to properly assess all the facts.

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

Recommended articles about Real estate