What is the best way to get a 'settlement' option from Disney?

Asked over 2 years ago - Manhattan Beach, CA

if you sue them or press 'charge/EEOC' is it best to let EEOC invistigate the matter or just sue (got permission already) for one year sue letter i told them i want to solve for 'faster process' with 'settlement option' i am not seeking to Bankrupt Disney or hit the 'Jackpot' LMAO@!!! but i do want punishment for some of it's stupid employees who harassed the hell outta me. What is the best thing to do or what would u do i do have alot of evidence. and the company does have Surveillence. This would be a Civil Suit if lawsuit is taken.

1. Pamela Koslyn

10

1

Best Answer

Answered . See an employment litigator for help. Disney isn't known for settling with claimants, they're known for fighting everything. You definitely can't do this yourself, and as I've previously responded, the EEOC isn't likely to be able to force Disney to do much either.

I'm not even sure this is an employment case, because you mention surveillance and you categorized this under "personal injury," so you might not have even done your EEOC complaint properly.

2. Adam David Sorrells

2

Answered . I echo Ms. Koslyn's answer. This is a personal injury forum, and your case seems like an employment law issue. You need to consult an employment law attorney immediately. There may be claim filing that must occur before suit can be filed, and other issues unique to employment law that should be considered. GOOD LUCK.

Adam Sorrells
    Injury Lawyer in Chico

3. Marc Sean Hurd

2

Answered . It is hard to assess the merits of your case, based on the limited facts provided. However, if you were harassed by a fellow employee, based on your gender, age, race etc., and Disney knew of it and did nothing to prevent it, you may have a case against them. If the harasser was your supervisor, Disney would be liable regardless of whther they knew what was going on.

You have to be careful with timing because there are certain deadlines that you have to meet once you've received the "right to sue" letter. Most reputable employment lawyers will take the time to meet with you to discuss the case, and your evidence in support of it. I would recommend that you seek the advice of counsel to properly assess all the facts.