What is the best way to file for divorce in Colorado?

We have signed the petition and the Affidavit for decree without appearance of parties. Would filing the sworn financial statements as well reduce the likelihood of requiring a trial for going over finances? I am looking to file the documents and go through the process as quickly and painlessly as possible. My wife and I have already split our assets and do not need a trial. Also she has a daughter from a previous relationship and I am not seeking custody, so that is not an issue either.

Englewood, CO -

Kristen Mclaughlin Tarrin

Kristen Mclaughlin Tarrin

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Vail, CO

Both parties are required to file a Sworn Financial Statement and a Certificate of Compliance with Rule 16.2. You can find these forms on the Colorado Courts website at www.courts.state.co.us. You should also file a completed Separation Agreement.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Greenwood Village, CO

I can not tell if you have already filed for a divorce or not. The Affidavit for Decree without Appearance of Parties is typically filed when both parties are represented by counsel and both have a Separation Agreement signed and filed with the Court along with a Proposed Decree. You need to meet with an attorney in order to go over all of the documents.

David M. Rich

David M. Rich

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Boulder, CO

We help many clients on a flat fee basis with all of the document and agreement preparation and assistance/consulting through the process to make it go as quickly and painlessly as possible. Please feel free to contact us if you would like help with your case.

Lindsey Nichole Daugherty

Lindsey Nichole Daugherty

Family Law Attorney - Denver, CO

This sounds like a matter of getting your paperwork in order, since it seems as if you and your wife have agreed on the important matters and wish to move forward as quickly as possible with your divorce. See my link below that may be of some help to you. Additionally, I am available to help with this process and will work with you to ensure this is done as quickly as possible.

Lee Alan Thompson

Lee Alan Thompson

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Lancaster, OH

I would follow the link provided by Ms. Tarrin.