What is the best way to answer the felony conviction question on an application?

Augusta, GA |

I am working with at risk teenagers and when answering questions about the question on applications inquireing about felony convictions, I want to know what is the best way to answer this question and how to explain it to these children

1. A good method is to honestly come to grips with your history. If you have been convicted of a felony and do not show or list that on your employment application your falsification can lead to termination if you are found out later. A background check is likely going to reveal your criminal past, anyway.

Describe the circumstances accurately. Be prepared to summarize how you have become a changed person. Outline how you are now armed with the ability to relate to at risk teens with a seasoned and experienced side of the story. Suggest this conviction in your past places you in a better position to help at risk teens avoid pitfalls and jump hurdles that they'll face.