What is the best location to consult, in person, with a variety of attorneys with expertise in offshore asset protection?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

I am a US citizen living overseas. Because of the time difference consulting with a lawyer in the US by telephone is difficult. From my own search on Martindale-Hubbell and Avvo, Florida seems to be the state with the highest concentration of highly-rated practitioners in this field, mainly between Miami and West-Palm Beach. Is this the best place to locate?

1. Lawrence Jay Davis

Pro

3

Answered . While there is no "best location" to find the lawyer you are looking for, there are a substantial number of attorneys in South Florida with a concentration on asset protection, including offshore asset protection. As with the hiring of any professional, you should consult with several and determine who has the experience, knowledge and personality that you are comfortable working with. Then request a written agreement that outlines the services to be provided and the fee to be charged.

2. Douglass S Lodmell

Pro

2

Answered . Very few law firms in the U.S. exclusively work in the area of asset protection planning. Most of us are located on the East Coast. Feel free to contact me to set a suitable time for you for an initial consultation. When interviewing firms, you may ask the following questions:

1. Which % of your practice area is dedicated to asset protection planning?
    2. What is the average net worth of your clients?
    3. How much asset protection plans did you set up during the last year?
    4. Does your plan include an exit strategy or do you go offshore right from the start? What are the tax consequences of the plan you recommend?
    5. Does this plan compromise ownership or control?
    6. How is your fee structure?
    7. What is the ongoing support you provide and what is the fee structure for this support?

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . Since you are asking your question from South Florida-that is a great location to find an attorney.
    I can provie you an attorney if intersted.
    Attorney Joe Pippen
    joe@attypip.com
    Attypip.com