What is the best course of action to take?

Johnson City, TN |

Recently I was terminated from my job. I worked for a factory that requires a person to wear OSHA regulated ear plugs. The supervisor fired me within 2 minutes of me clocking in and i was in the breakroom when i was terminated. I filed unemployment benefits and won my case. I was one of only Two black people to work in these plant.

Why were you terminated? If your race was not a factor, you may not have a legal remedy. But consult an employment law attorney in TN ASAP.

The author of this answer is an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of Arizona. Unless both you and the author have signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not the author's client, and the author's discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author, and are neither privileged nor confidential.

Your employer may not fire you based on race. Whether and under what circumstances your employer can terminate you for non-protected reasons requires more information. Did you have an employment contract? Did your employer have a legitimate reason for firing you? When did all this happen? Do not let time pass before consulting with a lawyer if you believe there was a race-based termination.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes