What is the best course and consequences of a domestic violence and harassment charge?

Longmont, CO |

My husband tried to throw me out of the house when we were fighting. He did life me up. I struggled against him and he stopped. I know, in fact, he just wanted me to go out and calm down. The police charges him domestic violence and harassment. He already had two records at the police from his previous marriage, but no records at the court. In that case, what is the best course for him? Should him plead guilty or not? What will be the possible consequences of the charge?

1. If your husband's charges is Harassment as an act of domestic violence he is looking at up to 6 months in the county jail, a fine of up to $750, loss of his right to own or possess a firearm, and many other conditions the court could impose if he were granted probation. He SHOULD NOT enter a plea of any sort without speaking to an attorney first. Many attorney's on avvo.com offer free consultations. He needs to contact an attorney immediately.

The Leier Law Office, LLC
    Kent J. Leier

The Leier Law Office, LLC, 110 East Oak St. Ste. 220, Fort Collins, CO. Call 970-682-4581 for a free consultation. The answer above does not form an attorney client relationship and does not substitute for advice that can be obtained during an in depth initial consultation.

2. Your husband needs the advice of an attorney who has experience with these cases.

3. He should try the Leier Law firm. Pleading guilty outright would be a mistake because of the severity of the domestic violence sentencing scheme. Kent is an expert defense attorney when it comes to domestic violence charges.

Brandon

Domestic violence topics