What is the best choice for an ignition interlock device?

Asked over 1 year ago - Oshkosh, WI

How do I know what ignition interlock device to get? What are the differences? Are some more reliable or less prone to problems?

1. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

3

Answered . Check with your local Clerk of Circuit Court. They will likely have a list of the providers in the area that have been approved by the DOT.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

1

Answered . Each state is different and has a various local rules with respect to enforcing traffic laws in each locale. You are rightfully concerned with a possible outcome. In fact, I venture to state that your earnest desire is to have this case behind you with the most optimal result for your life.
    Any device, no matter how made, may potentially fail or malfunction, there is no guarantee that any device will perform flawlessly.
    Realistically you may contact the purveyors of the devices and ask the same question. Compare and research your given options. A better solution is to ask a local traffic practicing attorney for a practical suggestion on the device selection.

3. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

2

Answered . I suggest using google to find a couple of providers near where you live, and then calling them with your questions. Cost is obviously one of the factors that should be considered. Good luck.