What is the base for the Marriage to be considered Fraud

Seattle, WA |

I am wondering what is the base for them to say the marriage is a Fraud in the Interview ( I-130 )? What if you have a Bon Fide marriage but for some reason they have doubts? What do they do? Give you time to show more evidences or it is automatically considered a crime based on their own interpretation . I have an attorney and my interview is in two weeks. I am confident but of course you always get a bit nervous anyways. Thanks for the response!

1. If you are represented by counsel, you need to speak to him or her about this issue. No attornrey in this forum will have as much information as your own attorney and I for one am not prepared to second guess another attorney whose advice to you has not been shared and cannot be shared under the rules of professional conduct.

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.

2. These case and fact-specific questions are best posed to the immigration lawyer you hired to represent you and handle your case. Only he/she knows all the details of your case (none of which you are giving us here, nor do we want to know, lest we place you in jeopardy.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. If they have doubts, they investigate.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. I agree with the previous answes, you hired an attorney to represent you and your spouse. You need to address these concerns with that attorney whom you paid a lot of money to help you, in not only filling out your petiton, but to address these types of questions.

Immigration Topics