What is the base for the Marriage to be considered Fraud

I am wondering what is the base for them to say the marriage is a Fraud in the Interview ( I-130 )? What if you have a Bon Fide marriage but for some reason they have doubts? What do they do? Give you time to show more evidences or it is automatically considered a crime based on their own interpretation . I have an attorney and my interview is in two weeks. I am confident but of course you always get a bit nervous anyways. Thanks for the response!

Seattle, WA -

Dave Hawkins

Dave Hawkins

Immigration Attorney - Seattle, WA

If you are represented by counsel, you need to speak to him or her about this issue. No attornrey in this forum will have as much information as your own attorney and I for one am not prepared to second guess another attorney whose advice to you has not been shared and cannot be shared under the rules of professional conduct.

Chong Hae Ye

Chong Hae Ye

Immigration Attorney - Federal Way, WA

I agree with the previous answes, you hired an attorney to represent you and your spouse. You need to address these concerns with that attorney whom you paid a lot of money to help you, in not only filling out your petiton, but to address these types of questions.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

These case and fact-specific questions are best posed to the immigration lawyer you hired to represent you and handle your case. Only he/she knows all the details of your case (none of which you are giving us here, nor do we want to know, lest we place you in jeopardy.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

If they have doubts, they investigate.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

Related Advice