What is the average time to receive a disability back pay settlement after aljs decision

Crescent City, CA |

I was awarded by an administrative law judge a disability settlement for a fixed period approx 2 years worth.This was in OCTOBER of 2009.What is taking so long? All I get when I call is "we're working on it" It seems to me that 7 months is far too long.Is anyone else having the same problem and is there anything I can do ?

1. The next time you contact your local Social Security office, ask for the manager. Sometimes the managers have authority to issue an immediate, albeit nominal (about $1,000) to beneficiairies whose claims have been approved but are waiting for the backpay. Generally speaking, seven months is an inordinate amount of time for backpay unless there are questions about your income or monthly eligibility that must be addressed.