What is the average settlement in a soft tissue damage law suit?

Asked over 4 years ago - Saint Paul, MN

I was rearended, have soft tissue damage. What is the average settlement for this type of injury.

1. Eric Michael Palmer

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . Settlement values can vary wildly based on a number of variables including, but not limited to: the nature of the crash; the nature of your injuries; the type and extent of your accident-related medical treatment and/or therapy; the auto insurer of the at fault party; whether there are any aggrevating factors such as alcohol or drugs involved; whether you have lost any wages; the status of your medical bills; whether any commercial vehicles were involved; and much more. It is impossible to give an average for this type of injury without investigating all of the facts and circumstances the surround the incident and injury. The short of it is, if you were injured in an accident and would like to seek a settlement or compensation otherwise, you should consult an attorney.

2. Edward Albert Smith

Pro

1

1

Answered . I agree with Eric. I have been in practice in the personal injury field for over 28 years. I have settled soft tissue cases from $5,000 up to $750,000 in my years of practice.

Much depends on who you are and what you've lost in the accident. Have you completely recovered or are you still in pain. Does the injury continue to affect your life? Are you missing work or likely to miss work in the future?

Consult an experienced personal injury attorney in your area. He or she should be able to give you a pretty good evaluation after review of all the facts.

Be aware that every state has time limits called Statutes of Limitations in which you must file suit.

Good Luck.

Ed Smith
    Law Offices of Edward A. Smith
    Sacramento, CA
    www.autoaccident.com
    800-404-5400

3. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

1

1

Answered . There is no "average settlement" and anyone who tells you that there is, is wrong. Each case rises and falls upon its own particular facts, given the circumstances of the accident, your age, education, background, work history, your past and potential income, whether or not you are married, have dependent children, the effect of the injuries on your activities of daily living, whether or not your injuries are permanent in nature and many other factors, too numerous to list here. I suggest that you consult with a local personal injury attorney who would be in the best position to give you an estimate of your case value, after reviewing all of the particulars.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.