What is the average settlement for pain and suffering in Arkansas?

Asked about 1 year ago - Little Rock, AR

My husband and I were recently rear ended and I had bad back & neck pain which I was treated for for about 9 weeks. I am a musician & one of the places that I play at decided to cut my time & pay because they realized that they could save money & not have music during the week. The cutbacks were made while I was recuperating. So my earnings were cut in half & I have to find a job. The insurance company offered me $1250 for pain and suffering. I believe I should get more because of the cutbacks and how my family's life and finances have been effected. I expressed this to them and they don't believe I should get more. The damage on the car was minimal and the total of the bills was about $4000. Am I being unreasonable?

1. Alan Jeddy Levar

Pro

4

1

Answered . It is impossible to give you a good answer without seeing the medical records and any xrays or mri's that may have been given. The reality is almost all people are able to recover more if they have attorneys representing them, but the only way to find out is to talk with an attorney. There is no set formula for how much a person is entitled to for pain and suffering. It depends on how much pain there was and how it effected you. Some people with neck or back pain have trouble sleeping, some don't.

Your question about the money you made as a musician is unclear. If you were unable to perform because of the injuries, you are entitled to compensation for those lost wages. There may be an issue proving the cause of the lost wages and I would have to know more information before I could give you a better answer. As always, feel free to call me if you have any questions. I would call an attorney, almost all of us will give you 15 minutes of a consultation without any cost or obligation.

Pro

3

1

Answered . Without a personal injury lawyer, you are only being offered a tiny fraction of the true value of the claim. Get a lawyer

3. David Ian Schoen

Pro

2

1

Answered . If you are trying to do this without an attorney, you are getting what you deserve, because the insurance company is trying to take advantage of you. If you want a chance to obtain fair value for your injuries, consult with an experienced personal injury attorney.

4. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

2

1

Answered . It all depends on your damages, medical, out of pocket expenses, loss wages, etc. You are being low balled because you decided to do this by yourself. By now, it may be extremely difficult for a lawyer to salvage your case, because you are stuck with whatever admissions you made of the adjuster. Nevertheless, talk to a lawyer in Little Rock, there some good ones there. Check if they attended Hendrix College and tell them I recommended you. Hendrix '73. Best of luck.

5. Jon P. Robinson

Answered . You need to take your case to an attorney to help you get the highest payout. The insurance company knows they can probably get away with paying less if you aren't represented by someone looking out for your best interests.