Skip to main content

What is the average fee for an arrest expungement in California?

Pasadena, CA |

arrested for obstruction.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


It is really not possible to discuss an average fee for any criminal defense representation. Each case fee turns on its own facts and complexity. Also, every attorney, just like any other industry, charges what he or she believes is appropriate. Attorneys have less access than potential clients to a comparison of fees charged among lawyers. Feel free to contact our law firm thru our website for a quote and free initial consultation.

The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.


I agree with Mr. Taub. Additionally I would be wary of "expungement mills" that advertise on the internet. Many offer extremely low fees, barely above the filing fees that exist in some counties. Most farm out the filing of the expungement to another attorney. Generally you should hire someone local that you trust and can communicate with and that you know will personally get the job done. Good luck.


I do not believe that the AVVO website is designed for fee quotations or average pricing - these depend upon a variety of factors - not every attorney does the same petition and some clients have complicated issues to overcome. I recommend consulting with an attorney in the Pasadena area and presenting your situation. I for example have done many expungements in Los Angeles County and go to Pasadena regularly. When you say arrest are you trying to get an arrest only off your record because that is different. You can contact me through my website at:


Ditto. This is not a Turkish Bazaar where you come to shop. Its an informational website. If you need quotes call attorneys. No lack of them on here you can call.


If you are looking to wipe put an arrest that did not result in a conviction, you are not expunging it, like what one does after probation pursuant to Penal Code section 1203.4. To seal an arrest, you must file the appropriate motion for a finding of factual innocence. You need to be prepared to put on evidence, and perhaps witnesses, to prove that you were factually innocent. There is much more involved than paying a court filing fee and filling out a form. As my colleagues stated, each case will be charged differently depending on the complexity and nuances of the case. You can call me for a free consult.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer