What is the average amount of child support of one child age five in the State of Washington?

Asked over 5 years ago - Seattle, WA

My ex and I are going to court to modify his payments which were made to be $361 a month. I know however he will fight this and ask for it to be lowered. For the past three years he has only paid $80 a month plus nothing for my childs first two years of life. Honestly $361 is easy on him. So I would like to know the average payments in the State of Washington to send to the courts so they think twice about letting him lower his payment when $361 is lower than most. I am not out to get money from him I just want him to help take care of my our child and what is best for our child $80-$100 won't cut it.

1. Carolyn Annette Elsey

Answered . It's really hard to tell you what would be average because child support is based on incomes. So average for one family is insanely high or ridiculously low for another. Below is a link to the WA Child Support Calculator. Also I have linked the WA Child Support Schedule which has all of the amounts for all incomes. If this is the only kid he supports, then you look at the "One Child Family." If the child is less than 12 years old, you use the amounts from Column A of One Child Family. The child support schedule itself is within a long set of instructions for filling out a child support worksheet. Scroll through the link to page 11 (or 16) and the schedule is right there.