What is the answer for have you applied for permanent residency in US. Before on form 485?

Asked over 1 year ago - Flushing, NY

I had applied green card on skilled worker alien before and my i - 140 was approved which my attorney never told me and I found out on line my self entering my receipt number on usc is website , and then I received automated notification of my I - 140 approval and after that once I told my attorney he said the sponsor sold the business so my that case is still pending that was in 2007 and now I applied again on o - 1 category and my i - 140 got approved , so now on adjustment of status form 485 what should I check yes or no for if I ever applied for permanent status of residency in US ever ?

1. Laura Justine Jacobson

3

Answered . In the past case, did you apply for the I-140 and the I-485 at the same time, or just the I-140 first? If you never filed the I-485 before, then you didn't apply for permanent residency, even if you were in the process of it with your I-140, and you can check "no." If you did file the I-485, you would have to check "yes" and explain what the outcome of the case was.

2. Dean P Murray

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues in that it depends on whether you filed I-485 previously. Consult an immigration lawyer. Many of us offer consultations at little or no charge.
    ---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    (Office located within minutes of the George Washington Bridge)
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700