What is the general price for a chapter 7 bankruptcy in my area including lawyers fee?

Asked over 1 year ago - Shirley, NY

I have to file for a bankruptcy.I have tried to get around it but it is a must.And I want to know how much should I expect to pay to get started.
Thanks so much for your answers in advance!!

1. Andrew M. Doktofsky

7

Answered . The fee will depend on the complexity of the case. The fee can range from $800 for a very simple case up to $2,000 for a debtor that owns a small business. Please visit my website at http://www.amdlaw.com/BankruptcyLaw/HowMuchDoes... for estimates of what it will cost you to file for Chapter 7 based on your situation.

2. Theodore Lyons Araujo

Pro

6

Answered . Approximately an $800 to $1200 attorney fee, depending on the complexity, along with filing costs (court $306 plus credit report and courses you must take.)

3. Howard E. Knispel

Pro

6

Answered . I don't understand why attorney who do not practice in this area are answering this question. In Suffolk County most experienced bankruptcy attorneys charge between $1500 - $2500 depending on many factors. Tte is also a $306 filing fee for a Ch. 7. Call a local attorney to discuss your case.

4. Alan D. Walton

Pro

7

Answered . Quoting fees on minimal information is meaningless. Your personal circumstances will determine how much time it takes to represent your interests throughout the bankruptcy process. Think of it as though your are asking how much to replace the tires on your vehicle. Without telling us what your vehicle is (Huffy, Harley, Hummer, 18 wheeler), you will not get a meaningful answer. You should consult with an attorney who can assess your particular situation in order to get an answer to your question.

5. Michael Avanesian

Pro

5

Answered . Wow, you guys are inexpensive in NY!