What is the general price for a chapter 7 bankruptcy in my area including lawyers fee?

Shirley, NY |

I have to file for a bankruptcy.I have tried to get around it but it is a must.And I want to know how much should I expect to pay to get started.
Thanks so much for your answers in advance!!

1. Approximately an $800 to $1200 attorney fee, depending on the complexity, along with filing costs (court $306 plus credit report and courses you must take.)

Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the States of New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts only and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to those three States. This advice is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation. Facts and laws change and these possible changes will affect the advice provided here. Consult an attorney in your locale before you act on any of this advice. You should not rely on this advice alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney client relationship.

2. The fee will depend on the complexity of the case. The fee can range from $800 for a very simple case up to $2,000 for a debtor that owns a small business. Please visit my website at http://www.amdlaw.com/BankruptcyLaw/HowMuchDoesBankruptcyCost.aspx for estimates of what it will cost you to file for Chapter 7 based on your situation.

3. Quoting fees on minimal information is meaningless. Your personal circumstances will determine how much time it takes to represent your interests throughout the bankruptcy process. Think of it as though your are asking how much to replace the tires on your vehicle. Without telling us what your vehicle is (Huffy, Harley, Hummer, 18 wheeler), you will not get a meaningful answer. You should consult with an attorney who can assess your particular situation in order to get an answer to your question.

4. Wow, you guys are inexpensive in NY!

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here. Please visit my web site: www.avanesianlaw.com for more information about my services.

5. I don't understand why attorney who do not practice in this area are answering this question. In Suffolk County most experienced bankruptcy attorneys charge between $1500 - $2500 depending on many factors. Tte is also a $306 filing fee for a Ch. 7. Call a local attorney to discuss your case.

The above is a general answer and is not considered legal advice. You should contact an attorney before proceeding to take any legal action, signing any papers or upon service of a summons. Howard E. Knispel 631-864-7589