What is statute of limitations for mone being claimed by an insurance company for damages to a vehicle?

Connecticut |

I was uninsured and i hit another vehicle and now the insurance company is taking me to small claims court for the damages. Its been over two years but im told the time period for statute of limitations was put on hold because of arbitration

The statute of limitations for filing such a claim is 2 years. Unless you agreed to go to arbitration and waived the statute the position of the insurance carrier makes no sense.

2. The time for filing a lawsuit is governed by each individual states statute of limitations.

3. It appears your accident was in Connecticut. If so, the Limitation of action for injury to person or property caused by negligence, misconduct or malpractice. No action to recover damages for injury to the person, or to real or personal property, caused by negligence, or by reckless or wanton misconduct, or by malpractice of a physician, surgeon, dentist, podiatrist, chiropractor, hospital or sanatorium, shall be brought but within two years from the date when the injury is first sustained or discovered or in the exercise of reasonable care should have been discovered, and except that no such action may be brought more than three years from the date of the act or omission complained of, except that a counterclaim may be interposed in any such action any time before the pleadings in such action are finally closed.