What is statue of limitations on civil lawsuit for wrongful death in texas

Arlington, TX |

Want to sue the family of a teenager that was convicted of manslaughter in the death of my only son in texas

1. The statue of limitation is 2 years from the date of death. I am sorry for your loss. If you would like a free consultation you can reach me at 972 937 9666. I would be happy to talk to you about the potential validity and practicality of your claim.

I am not your lawyer and an answer on AVVO is not intended as legal advice but is provided for general informational purposes only. If you desire legal advice, please consult a lawyer and form an attorney client relationship.

2. The Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter §16.003(b) provides: A person must bring suit not later than two years after the day the cause of action accrues in an action for injury resulting in death. The cause of action accrues on the death of the injured person. It is important you contact a lawyer within 2 years to make sure to protect your claim. However, due to the chances that evidence could be destroyed or altered, you should contact an attorney immediately.

3. Two years from date of death.

As usual, this answer does not constitute official legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship between the poster and me.

4. I am terribly sorry for your loss.

I agree with the other lawyers who have responded. I suggest that you hire a lawyer right away. The quality and value of a claim like this generally decline with the passage of time.

5. The statute of limitations is two years from the date of the act that resulted in your daughter's death. I am sorry for your loss. Feel free to contact me at 713-626-8600 if you would like to discuss this further.