What is required to bring a wrongful termination lawsuit under New Jersey employment laws

Jersey City, NJ |

I was working for a charter school in new, jersey for a year. My contract was renewed for a second year, than a new principal was hired and fired many employess days before the new year. No notfication was given to us that or case was going to be heard in front of the board of truesties violating the Rice Laws, in addition the did not have quorem and had a memeber vote over the phone, again another illegal activity. At the meeting I was terminated and given 30 days pay, since this meaning was illegal arent i still considered an employee that is to be compensated?
Also what are the step s i need to do if i wanted to file suit against them since i dont have money for an attorney

You might want to try contacting employment attorneys who offer a free consultation and see if any is willing to take the case on a contingency fee basis.

At peak times, we receive so many questions that it may take longer for one or more of our loyal Avvo lawyer-answerers to get back to you. The Avvo Staff Moderator's goal is to give you some preliminary information and guidance regarding your legal situation while you wait for an attorney in your area to respond.

Keep in mind that we are MODERATING questions and not giving definitive answers regarding any legal situation. The laws of each state are unique, and our moderation is designed to simply point you in the right direction.

The Avvo Staff Moderator

Are you a member of a union?

Herbert Tan, Esq.

The National Newark Building
744 Broad Street, 16th Fl.
Newark, New Jersey 07102
(973) 735-2681 (W)
(973) 735-2682 (F)

Manhattan Office
305 Broadway, 7th Floor
New York, New York 10007
(888) TAN-LAWS

Recommended articles about Employment