What is punishment for stolen iPod?

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Juvenile law

I am a teacher and a student stole my iPod. I had a suspect but he denied it. It was later found in his locker. I made a police report right away. What is the legal ramification for a 16 who stole an iPod? Happened in Chicago.

Also iPod and case were valued at $400.

This depends upon whether the school disciplines him or he is charged as a juvenile offender. If charged, he is likely to receive some sort of minimal punishment. Sometimes incidents like this are handled internally by the police and never go to court. This is called station adjustment if I recall correctly. A lot depends upon the young man;s prior history.

A finding of delinquency. Maybe probation or supervision.

Answers presented on this website are intended only for informational purposes and any use of the contained material is at the users own risk. Answers are intended exclusively as a public resource for general information, and this information is intended, but is not promised or guaranteed to be, correct, up-to-date, or complete. This material is not intended to constitute legal advice, as an agreement to create an attorney-client relationship with the law offices of Mitchell S. Sexner & Associates LLC, or the provision of legal services, and receipt of this information does not constitute such an agreement. If legal or other specific expert advice is required, then the services of a competent professional should be sought.O

Juvenile law topics

Recommended articles about Juvenile law