What is proper venue for contempt of court?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Seattle, WA

I was held in contempt of court by the county of the original PP. The court was a sham. Improper service, lack of evidence, abuse of discretion, etc. etc. I am working on the motion to vacate. I live in a different county and have. Don't proceedings, especially criminal, have to be held in the county in which the alleged crime occurs. I kept my daughter from her mother because of abandonment, suicidal suggestions, DV in the home, and forcing my daughter to conceal DV. My daughter went to school for four months and established herself at my home. So it seems to me that county 2 not only had jurisdiction for that reason, but also because of the criminal nature of what I was doing was done in my county.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Kate M Forrest

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . There are different types of contempt; when it relates to violation of a parenting plan, it is civil contempt, and it is almost always appropriate in the original court that issued the order.

  2. Dave Hawkins


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You had the ability to file a Motion for revision 10 days after the contempt order was signed. If you failed to take advantage of this court rule, you will not get very far on a Motion t Vacate.

    The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,414 answers this week

2,908 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,414 answers this week

2,908 attorneys answering