What is process for tourist visa to US?

Asked about 1 year ago - Walnut, CA

My cousin wants to visit me in USA. He is 24 and I am 24 as well. He wants to get tourist visa. What is the best possible way for him to get visa to US?
He is from Iran and I heard they might be hard on Iranian a bit due to Gov relations. Do I need to fill his application here and do I also need to income support him as well?

I am a citizen here and not much income. He will be with me and I will take care of him while he is here. But do I need to show a big income to support him even for tourist visa?

Or would you also suggest any other visas that makes the job easier?

Any advise? thank you.

1. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . He applies at the US Embassy/Consulate with documentation showing why he will not remain in the US.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Visit US DOS website and do your research.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . He will need an invitation from you and a declaration you will be responsible, his passport and plane tickets paid for both ways.

4. Rodrigo Ivan Canido

1

Answered . He will need to go through a local consulate where he lives to do this process. Generally, he will have to show that he does not have a permanent intent to stay in the U.S. once he comes. This can be more challenging than it seems. For other options more information is needed about him. Contact an immigration attorney for a more detailed evaluation.

--

LORIC Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
    Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
    Santa Clara, CA 95054
    Tel: 650-279-5933
    Email: rcanido@loric.net.in
    www.loric.net.in