Skip to main content

What is process for tourist visa to US?

Walnut, CA |

My cousin wants to visit me in USA. He is 24 and I am 24 as well. He wants to get tourist visa. What is the best possible way for him to get visa to US?
He is from Iran and I heard they might be hard on Iranian a bit due to Gov relations. Do I need to fill his application here and do I also need to income support him as well?

I am a citizen here and not much income. He will be with me and I will take care of him while he is here. But do I need to show a big income to support him even for tourist visa?

Or would you also suggest any other visas that makes the job easier?

Any advise? thank you.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. He applies at the US Embassy/Consulate with documentation showing why he will not remain in the US.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. He will need an invitation from you and a declaration you will be responsible, his passport and plane tickets paid for both ways.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

  3. Visit US DOS website and do your research.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  4. He will need to go through a local consulate where he lives to do this process. Generally, he will have to show that he does not have a permanent intent to stay in the U.S. once he comes. This can be more challenging than it seems. For other options more information is needed about him. Contact an immigration attorney for a more detailed evaluation.


    LORIC Immigration Solutions

    Rodrigo Ivan Canido
    Managing Attorney

    3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
    Santa Clara, CA 95054
    Tel: 650-279-5933

    The response given is general in nature and does not create an attorney / client relationship. The answer given may also not account for other facts unknown to the attorney. For a more detailed evaluation you should consult with a licensed immigration attorney.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics