What is possible sentencing for Robbery 2nd in KY?

Paris, KY |

Son stole 30 dollar magic cards from Walmart. He ran into an employee while he was running out of store. He is 21 and has 1 previous assault conviction.

1. Robbery II is a serious offense in KY. It is a felony:

Title 50. KENTUCKY PENAL CODE

Chapter 515. ROBBERY

Current through Chapter 106, Regular Session 2011

§ 515.030. Robbery in the second degree

(1) A person is guilty of robbery in the second degree when, in the course of committing theft, he uses or threatens the immediate use of physical force upon another person with intent to accomplish the theft.

(2) Robbery in the second degree is a Class C felony.

History. Effective: January 1, 1975
    1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, §131 , effective January 1, 1975.
    ********************************************************************************************************************

Kentucky Statutes

Title 50. KENTUCKY PENAL CODE

Chapter 515. ROBBERY

§ 515.010. Definition

The following definition applies in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:

"Physical force" means force used upon or directed toward the body of another person.

History. Effective: January 1, 1975
    Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, §129 , effective January 1, 1975
    **********************************************************************************************************************

Retain a competent criminal defense attorney ASAP.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. Class C felony in Kentucky carries 5-10 years.

Adam Russell is an attorney licensed in Kentucky and Ohio. In accordance with Avvo community guidelines, this communication is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it create an attorney-client relationship