What is possible jail time for 3 counts of uttering a forged instrument and 1 count of grand theft thied degree

Asked almost 5 years ago - Plant City, FL

this is she 2nd time for something like this .The frist time she got 2 years state probation out of it.

1. John Patrick Guidry II

Pro

Answered . Each uttering a forgery carries a 5 year prison sentence max, the Grand Theft 3rd also carries a 5 year prison sentence, max, for a total possible jail time of 20 years. Of course, there's little chance of getting that much time, plus uttering a forgery charges can be difficult to prove, the state must jump thru many hoops to get a conviction on uttering a forgery.

Call a local attorney immediately for a better idea of what will happen in your county.

Good Luck,

2. Craig A. Epifanio

Answered . You are looking at 5 years each. Mr. Guidry is correct in how the proceed in these types of cases. I would also add that since this is the second time for this 2 years probation is unlikely and the State may want to seek jail or prison. I handle cases in Hillsborough county if you wish to give me a call at 813-277-0800.

Craig Epifanio