What is offense code 261(a)(2)

Fontana, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

a guy I met told me he went to jail and that is the code he had

In short, it means rape by violence, fear, or intimidation.

By using this website, you agree to the following additional terms of use. The materials provided are for informational purposes only. They are not offered as advice, legal or otherwise, nor should it be used in lieu of obtaining professional advice or services. If you would like such services, please contact Keffer Gilley Barnhart LLP at (317) 857-0160.

The answer you got from the out of state attorney is not complete. It's not just rape by force or violence but rape of someone under 14 years of age. Very serious violent crime. Don't befriend this guy on Facebook.

Rape.

This answer is for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute legal advice. I have answered a question on a public forum which does not establish any attorney-client relationship. For a more detailed legal analysis you should consult with a legal professional in your area.