What is obligated of the sponser after i am granted citizenship? how long is my sponsor under contract? thanks

Fresno, CA |

I have a willing family member who would like to sponsor me. They were wondering how will this affect there life and for how long? thanks

Per the I-864, once you have been granted citizenship there is no longer an obligation to the sponsor. The rule is ten (10) years from sponsorship or until the beneficiary has citizenship.

2. If you are talking I864, until you are naturalized.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. What is obligated of the sponser after i am granted citizenship? None

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.