What is next best for me to continue working in USA as L1B expires in Dec 2013 (Labor&I140 is approved, EB2 India PD is 11/2010)

Asked almost 2 years ago - Jersey City, NJ

Currently I am on L1B and expires in Dec 2013 (No more extensions as 5 years is ending). On ther other hand, My Labor and I140 is approved and waiting for EB2 India PD(11/2010) to become current. I really appreciate your help on what is next step for me to continue working as current PD is 2004 and not sure when it becomes current. If I go for H1B, will it be from Quota and do I need to apply in Apr 2013 to work from Oct 2013.

Is it true that H1B is not subjected to Quota if Labor and I140 is approved?

Thanks a million and appreciate youe help.

1. Miroslava Orduno Rincon

Answered . If you were my client, I would have an H-1B Petition ready for filing on April 1st, 2013 with a start date of October 1st, 2013 as you are indeed subject to the numerical cap. You would be eligible to request 3 years of H-1B status given the approved I-140.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Whether your employer can petition you for an H-1B depends on the requirements for your position as well as your qualifications.

No, it is not true. An approved I-140 merely permits one to continue extending the H-1B after reaching the sixth year.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.