What is needed to press charges for Criminal Trespassing?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Chicago, IL

I was at a sporting event and was detained by Security because someone complained that I had bumped into them causing them to spill their drink. I am being charged with Criminal Trespassing however, was never given a chance to walk out of the venue on my own free will. Is there anyway that these charges can stick and if so what is the normal punishment?

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . You need to have a ticket on premises or you are guilty of criminal trespass. Even with a ticket, under some circumstances, you can be guilty. Usually there is a fine involved, although in some circumstances a short time in lock-up or jail is involved.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose a Lawyer for you.”

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-cho...

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "What Do I Tell My Lawyer"?

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot find out any details. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless. Best of luck to you.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the Thumbs-Up tab at the bottom. You may mark this as a Best Answer for the time I spent crafting this and thinking about your matter.

2. Owen David Greenberg

Answered . Criminal trespass involves being in a location where signs prohibit entry or remaining in a location after having been requested to leave. Hire an attorney or request a public defender if you are indigent.