What is needed for a attempted robbery charge?

Alexandria, VA |

the detectives came to pick me up, took the alleged clothes i wore in the attempt. They give me the clothes back that night..they interview one of the guys I was with and next thing you know, I have a arrest warrant.

An attempted robbery is an attempt to, with force or by threat of force, take something from a person. "Attempt" means that the robbery was not completed for whatever reason (they didn't get the thing they tried to take, the abandoned the attempt, something interrupted....). If the victim and a possible co-defendant identify you as the assailant, that is sufficient for probable cause for an arrest warrant. They would be using your clothes to try and lock in details most likely.

This response is general in nature and is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship is formed by it.

Concur with Attorney Ranny. To her observation I would add:

1. Stay off the internet with any more details about the incident--Commonwealth Attorney's can read too!

2. Get criminal defense attorney ASAP--the charges you face are serious.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. Addressing your issue does not create an attorney-client relationship and I AM providing you educational information NOT legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.