Skip to main content

What is my next step and should I hire an attorney

Stateline, NV |

I was involved in a scuffle at a club in a casino between me and one other guy. it started verbally much earlier in the night in the casino but in the club I was very drunk and it seemed like I was the aggressor and sucker punched him in the video. Casino security detained me, he pressed charges and I was taken to jail for misdemeanor battery. I have a dui 3 years ago, I have a good job and I'm 25. I could afford a reasonable attorney if I had to but don't want to if there would be no way to get the battery off myrecord

Attorney Answers 6

  1. These cases are very defensible and genreally can be negotiated to a stay adjudication with the case being dismissed after completing court-ordered conditions.

    The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.

  2. It is possible that the DA will not accept the charges. However, if they do accept the charges I would hire an attorney because it is highly likely that an attorney can get the charges reduced substantially.

  3. You need to hire an attorney. An experienced criminal attorney can probably negotiate a favorable resolution. Check out the criminal attorneys here on Avvo.

    Good luck to you.

  4. You need an attorney.

    As mentioned above, it is possible that the case doesn't get past the screening level at the DA. When my partner does these, this is his first attempt--and when it works, not only does it cost you significantly less, but there is no court case.

    He has free consultations on these, and can often get you in the same afternoon.

  5. My firm doesn't do criminal defense so I am not fishing for your business, but it is clear to me that you would be well served by hiring an experienced criminal defense attorney. A criminal record for a violent crime is serious business.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics