What is my likely outcome to drug paraphenillia and possession of a controlled substance?

Asked 8 months ago - Davenport, IA

I am a minor,16, no previous offenses, and it was 1.9 grams of marijuana.

1. Colin Christopher Murphy

2

Answered . It will probably be handled through juvenile court services. Informal probation for 6 months or so. If you are waived in to adult court, then your attorney will likely request the grace of a deferred judgment at sentencing, assuming you have no defenses. When you successfully complete probation, the matter will be removed from your adult criminal record. You will be able to say that you have not been convicted of a drug offense. The paraphernalia charge will probably be dismissed if you plead guilty to the possession charge. You will need to discuss this matter in private with an attorney who specializes in drug offenses.

2. Christopher Coppola

Answered . Loss of drivers license - you need attorney to avoid this - I suggest consulting with an attorney in person. Lots of questions that are valid, but answers vary depending on facts. Good luck!