What is my current status and what do I need to apply for to enter U.S.

Asked over 1 year ago - Portland, OR

I am a LPR and 9 months ago, I wrote a letter requesting for voluntary departure before my master hearing case charged with CIMT and still have not heard back. The only thing I can think of is getting a ticket for cutting beargrass for some floral arrangment. I have my masters next month from now. I had to leave out of the country for a very sick family member. I am not able to return home now because I do not have my green card as it was taken from me at the airport 9 months ago when I was charged coming back home. It has been very hard for my family to make ends meet and to send money to support me here, I need to return back home and be with them. I've called the hotline and it says my case is still pending and I still have my hearing set. Did they not receive my letter? I"m confuse!

1. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . I know that you believe that you don't have enough money to meet with an attorney. But, you really need to find one (perhaps at a non-profit like Catholic Charities) BEFORE your master.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

1

Answered . I am confused about your question. Are you asking whether your VD could be expedited? Yes. You can even get it at the next master if eligible. Why you are doing without seeking legal consultation first it is beyond me, but yes.

3. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

3

Answered . You should consult with an attorney privately - so they can review your information in detail. You should be able to receive expedited VD but I can't give specific advice on such a complex situation on a forum like this.