Skip to main content

What is my current status and what do I need to apply for to enter U.S.

Portland, OR |

I am a LPR and 9 months ago, I wrote a letter requesting for voluntary departure before my master hearing case charged with CIMT and still have not heard back. The only thing I can think of is getting a ticket for cutting beargrass for some floral arrangment. I have my masters next month from now. I had to leave out of the country for a very sick family member. I am not able to return home now because I do not have my green card as it was taken from me at the airport 9 months ago when I was charged coming back home. It has been very hard for my family to make ends meet and to send money to support me here, I need to return back home and be with them. I've called the hotline and it says my case is still pending and I still have my hearing set. Did they not receive my letter? I"m confuse!

Attorney Answers 3


I am confused about your question. Are you asking whether your VD could be expedited? Yes. You can even get it at the next master if eligible. Why you are doing without seeking legal consultation first it is beyond me, but yes.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

3 lawyers agree


You should consult with an attorney privately - so they can review your information in detail. You should be able to receive expedited VD but I can't give specific advice on such a complex situation on a forum like this.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


I know that you believe that you don't have enough money to meet with an attorney. But, you really need to find one (perhaps at a non-profit like Catholic Charities) BEFORE your master.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics