What is more preferable - do get denied student reinstatement of to be out of status for 9 months?

I fell out of my student status 7 months ago. I've been enrolled back in school for the last 4 months and am about to graduate. My application for the reinstatement is still pending. However, I don't have a very strong case and now wish to withdraw my application and leave the country. Would it be better for me to do that as opposed to being denied the reinstatement?

Burbank, CA -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

I do not think you should be making this choice between these two options.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Both result in you being out of status and that being an issue in future visa applications.

Gen Kimura

Gen Kimura

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

You have to discuss the matter with your DSO.

Related Advice

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.