What is more preferable - do get denied student reinstatement of to be out of status for 9 months?

Burbank, CA |

I fell out of my student status 7 months ago. I've been enrolled back in school for the last 4 months and am about to graduate. My application for the reinstatement is still pending. However, I don't have a very strong case and now wish to withdraw my application and leave the country. Would it be better for me to do that as opposed to being denied the reinstatement?

1. You have to discuss the matter with your DSO.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

2. Both result in you being out of status and that being an issue in future visa applications.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. I do not think you should be making this choice between these two options.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.