What is legibile marriage certificate? I got married in USA and submitted the certificate which I got from the clerck county.

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

USCIS has asked me for legible marriage certificate as RFE in order to give me a permanent residency.

1. "Legible" means that it can be clearly read.

2. After you got married, did you get the marriage certificate recorded in the county office? Perhaps that is what USCIS is requesting. Or perhaps the copy of the marriage certificate that you had provided before was blurry or difficult to read.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

3. Legible means it can be clearly read.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. Sounds like you submitted a copy of your marriage certificate that is tough to read. Get them a cleaner copy they could read.

Contact: 860-548-2629 or dbucin@uks.com. This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

5. Legible means readable.