What is it called when someone tries to use their car a s a weapon against you?

Toulon, IL |

someone keeps taunting me with her car she swerves at me when driving by when im standiong next to it and when im driving down the road.

Contact your local police or sheriff's office and report this behavior. They will know what crime the offender should be charged with.

The common-law civil claim is "assault"--placing someone in immediate apprehension of a harmful or offensive contact. If the car touches you in any way as the result of this, the common-law civil claim is "battery"--a harmful or offensive contact.

There may also be criminal charges for this type of conduct; it's the duty of the prosecutor to decide what types of criminal charges may apply for each criminal act committed. Report criminal behavior to your local police.

Not legal advice, just my two cents. I don't practice law in Illinois or hold Illinois licensure. Consult Illinois counsel if you need legal advice. I practice in Vermont ONLY.

Attempted criminal assault.