What is it called wen a company fires me after i am sexually harassed, promise s to rehire

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

me but doesn't do it then has me notated in their files as a person of interest. is this blacklisting or what?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

4

7

Answered . I agree. Looks like retaliation...

2. Denise Kingue-Bonnaig

5

1

Answered . There is a lot of information missing in your post, such as whether you reported the sexual harassment, how much time elapsed between the reporting of the sexual harassment and the firing, and finally, what justification the employer provided for your firing. It’s doubtful the employer admitted you were fired for reporting sexual harassment, or because you were a victim of sexual harassment.

Please consult with an experienced employment lawyer ASAP to ensure that you obtain advice on how to vindicate your rights, including how to address the acts of sexual harassment you were subjected to, the possible acts of retaliation, and the alleged black-listing.

Not seeking legal recourse can have a negative impact on your professional life in the years to come.

-Denise K. Bonnaig
    212-374-1511

3. Ryan M. Finn

Pro

4

1

Answered . Assuming you complained, then were fired, this is retaliation.

4. Marco Caviglia

4

1

Answered . Sounds like retaliation, save your evidence.