What is Inadmissibility for Immigration

Loganville, GA |

What does being inadmissible mean in immigration context. How is it different from removal. What happens to a GC holder of 15 years if she is found inadmissible.

1. Being inadmissible means that you are not allowed to enter the U.S. for a number of reasons. If you are found to be inadmissible, you may be placed into removal proceedings. If a green card holder is inadmissible (usually because of a criminal conviction), he or she can be placed into removal proceedings. If this applies to you, you should consult with an immigration attorney.

Here is a good link that describes inadmissibility:

www.gassonlaw.com - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.

2. Ms. Gasson is correct:

inadmissible --- you can't come into the US
    removable --- you can be kicked out of the US

Your GC holder question needs more facts ... starting with the reason that the person was found inadmissible.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. There are 2 separate categories: inadmissible (under INA 212) and removable (deportable) (INA 237). A green card holder is usually found deportable after he/she is convicted of a crime. A green card holder can be found inadmissible if he/she left the country after being convicted of a crime, and is looking to enter the US back. The USICS checks if a person is inadmissible when the person is applying for admission at the border or applying for green card. It's a tip of an iceberg, but I hope it helps..

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova www.shautsova.com www.shautsova.com www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com