What is going to happen to my policy other than increase?

New York |

My Husband crashed my car and was not under my insurance at the time. He also has a bad driving record.I have 2 kids and I am currently unemployed. I want to become a police officer but I think he has ruined that opportunity for me also.

Depending on which insurance carrier your policy is with they may cancel your insurance. The insurance company may disclaim, meaning they will not cover any property damage or personal injury claims that occurred as a result of the accident. However, it does not appear that you had any involvement in the accident itself, therefore assuming the facts presented are complete and accurate, there should be no other repercussions to you other than financial.

Get an NY Lawyer right away. You and your husband may have civil liability if he did not have his own insurance. There is no reason this should ruin you, get a lawyer.