What is form DS 260 and how much does it cost.

Asked over 1 year ago - Detroit, MI

My husband got approved his wavier and I call mexico and they said he had to do DS 260 form and how much does it cost, and how long do you think it would be before he can come home.

1. Lisa A. Tehlirian

Pro

7

Answered . Congratulations on your husband's approved waiver! The next step is immigrant visa processing through the U.S. Consulate in Ciudad Juarez. The DS-260 is the immigrant visa application your husband will need to complete. I suggest you or your husband consult with an immigration attorney to discuss immigrant visa processing at the U.S. Consulate.

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

7

Answered . Congratulations on the approval of the waiver application! For some information about immigrant visa processing, take a look here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/in...

Your costs to the US government will be $88.00 + $230.00 + $165.00. Processing times from begin to end are approximately 4 to 8 months, depending on how quickly you submit requested documents.

I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney about the case, for the best chance of success.

3. Akanksha Kalra

5

Answered . You can download Form DS 260 from www.traevl.state.gov or the consular website.

4. Anu Gupta

Pro

4

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

5. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Mr. Carlin gave you the prices ... timing is a guess, at best. I'd say 3 months.