What is expected if I was arrested for not completing 2 DUIs from 2003 in Delaware?

Asked about 1 year ago - Wilmington, DE

I paid bail. But now have an arraignment next month. Since 2003 I was never stopped before for any violation. Back in 2003, I had to do community service and appear at court but I never completed the service. I then went to Mexico, came back in 2005 and have never been arrested. What can be expected from this?

1. Michael W Modica

Pro

1

Answered . it depends. did you complete the dui course? if the only deficiency is your failure to complete community service i do not think that will be too much of a problem. but if you did not complete the course, you will be ordered to complete it within 5 months or face sanctions, including incarceration. also, if you have outstanding fines you should pay those off asap.

2. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

Answered . There are too many unknown factors here to consider that make it impossible to answer your questions. It depends on what you never completed. It sounds as if you failed to appear in court on both of the cases and have yet to convicted of either offense. Regardless of what did or didn't happen with your cases, you're going to need an attorney. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen