What is detainer charges of SOID?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Stone Mountain, GA

my son was falsey arrested for bugulary and I need to know what does (DETAINER CHARGES SOID) mean?

1. 1

Answered . In the DeKalb county jail that detainer is only in place until the sheriff can positively confirm someone's ID through fingerprints. Once the ID has been confirmed, that detainer is lifted (usually upon booking out). That does not mean that they are confirming anyone as the perpetrator of a crime, just as the person they say they are. This is to cut down on false names, etc. I would be happy to talk to you further about this false arrest if you want to call my office.

2. Answered . My firm specializes in criminal defense and personal injury. We have had great success handling cases in Dekalb County. If you have additional questions or concern, feel free to contact me directly: 678-383-0403 or visit us online at: www.rousecolaw.com

Best of luck,