What is considered written notice

Asked over 4 years ago - Port Orchard, WA

I have a rental agreement with my renter that is a lease for 1 year, with a clause that allows either party to break the lease with 90 days written notice.
My quesiton is what is written notice? My tenent told me they wanted to move out and I said I need written notice, they said it was a good thing they sent me a text message in sept. They aer currently behind rent for 1 1/5 months and have made indication that they do not plan on paying the rent and will move out in Novemember.

1. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

Answered . Written Notice would be as defined in the lease .It sounds like there is no definition in your lease, but the normal and ordinary meaning would prevail and because the written document should be produced in court I would question if an eletronic message over a phone network is written or an electronic transmission.

Good Luck