What is considered a full-time high school student?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Jacksonville, FL

I am currently in the midst of divorce and paying child support for my adopted 18-year-old stepchild. He quit school in his senior year and was going to take his GED which he subsequently never did. After months of doing nothing and right around his 18th birthday, my soon-to-be-ex decided to have him continue his education. The school he's now enrolled in considers him a full-time student but there's no attendance or even a time-line for graduation. My question is how does the court look at this issue? Can I file a motion to show cause due to educational neglect?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Lucreita D. Becude

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . It does not appear that your son is really in school. He quit and he is 18 and your obligation has ceased.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,484 answers this week

3,172 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,484 answers this week

3,172 attorneys answering