What is considered a bad credit score?

Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Credit score

I am not sure if my score is bad or in the middle. What is a considered a bad score?

.

1. There is no one size fits all answer to your inquiry. There a number of different scoring models. And what is "good" to one lender, or for a particular type of loan, may be deemed unsuitable by another.

FICO is the most common scoring model. FICO prepares a scoring model for each of the three major nationwide credit reporting agencies: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. As a general rule, these scores fall in a range from about 300 to 850. A score lower than 620 is generally considered a poor risk. While the most attractive terms (interest rates) are usually offered to consumers with scores over 720.

All the best to you.

NOTE: This Answer does not constitute legal advice. Every case is fact specific. To render a legal opinion, an attorney must engage in a consultation with a prospective client and review any pertinent documents. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship with Attorney Amy L. Wells or WELLS LAW OFFICE, INC.

2. I agree with Ms. Wells. I think her answer is spot on. Typically 720 is good. Good luck

3. It depends. What type of credit are you trying to obtain?