What is charge 16-5-73 Presence of a child during manufacturing of methamphetamine

Savannah, GA |

definition of the exact criteria that must be present to receive this charge

I don't practice in GA and you need an answer from a GA attorney for precisely exactly what are the elements of child endangerment in that state. I can tell you that in most, running a meth lab around other people,especially your child is inherently dangerous, no matter how good you are at it. I wouldn't expect there is some definition of child endangerment in GA that will allow you to get out of this.

16-5-73(b)(1) Any person who intentionally causes or permits a child to be present where any person is manufacturing methamphetamine or possessing a chemical substance with the intent to manufacture methamphetamine shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than two nor more than 15 years.

↓ Mark this answer as "Helpful" or "Best Answer" if you like it. For more information, contact us at www.SteakleyLawFirm.com or (404) 835-7595. The initial consultation is always free for Avvo users.

You intend to make it and intend to sell it and you do all hat while a kid is there. Felony. Lots of Jaime time. Read Mr. Steakley's post. That's the actual quote from the statute.

Manufacturing methamphetamine + knowing a child is present. Those are the only two elements of the offense. Manufacturing has a broad definition under the law and includes processing of any kind. Typically, this crime is charged when someone is manufacturing meth in a residence or hotel room, etc.,, and a child is residing on the premises (or is present when the search warrant is conducted).