What is California Service Center - 6.6 Month and national average 10.2 monthes mean

Minneapolis, MN |

since i applied I-129f for my fiancee is just 6 month today at California center , today when i check the processing times at California Service Center, it says - 6.6 Month and national average 10.2. so my quotion is my case is almost 15 days remain to process or what 6.6 months mean also 10.2, i want to understand more. thanks

1. Yes, look at the CA time, not the national one

This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

2. The times on the USCIS website are estimates. It may take 15 more days, or it may take longer.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. The times are estimates only

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

4. Ignore any published processing times, these are in reality a just a little more than what often amounts to "wish lists" or goals of the different service centers and they ALWAYS lag behind and do not reflect the "actual" times. Remain patient and do not count the days and hours; just pray the CSC will approve the I-129F without much difficulty.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

5. It means it is a goal. However, in reality the actual time is driven by the volume or number of cases that have to be processed..

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.