What is california penal code § 288.5 mean?

Garden Grove, CA |

i know its mean Continuous sexual abuse of a child and something like that but how old is it to be consider a child? is it under 18 what if both person was under 18 and there is only 1 age different and it only kissing and hugging

and do the person have to be over 18 to be called Continuous sexual abuse of a child what if they were both minor one is 16 and one is 15 or maybe 14

It requires 3 or more lewd acts (sexual touchings) for a period of 3 months it longer by a person who has recurring access to the child. "Child" in this particular crime is a minor under 14.

If I understand between the lines of what you're asking, no - it does not apply to two minors (under 18) in a consensual relationship engaging in kissing.

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

And how much age differebt it need to be to consider it over 21 and under 14?

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

It is probably wiser to not post matters like this that may be criminal in nature. Contact a criminal defense attorney.

It is probably wiser to not post matters like this that may be criminal in nature. Contact a criminal defense attorney. Here is the statute for you, though:

(a) Any person who either resides in the same home with the
minor child or has recurring access to the child, who over a period
of time, not less than three months in duration, engages in three or
more acts of substantial sexual conduct with a child under the age of
14 years at the time of the commission of the offense, as defined in
subdivision (b) of Section 1203.066, or three or more acts of lewd
or lascivious conduct, as defined in Section 288, with a child under
the age of 14 years at the time of the commission of the offense is
guilty of the offense of continuous sexual abuse of a child and shall
be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a term of 6, 12,
or 16 years.
(b) To convict under this section the trier of fact, if a jury,
need unanimously agree only that the requisite number of acts
occurred not on which acts constitute the requisite number.
(c) No other act of substantial sexual conduct, as defined in
subdivision (b) of Section 1203.066, with a child under 14 years of
age at the time of the commission of the offenses, or lewd and
lascivious acts, as defined in Section 288, involving the same victim
may be charged in the same proceeding with a charge under this
section unless the other charged offense occurred outside the time
period charged under this section or the other offense is charged in
the alternative. A defendant may be charged with only one count under
this section unless more than one victim is involved in which case a
separate count may be charged for each victim.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/