What is best to wait for Immigration reform to pass or file for I-601 waiver

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

Hello,
I was wondered if is best to wait for immigration reform to pass or to file for I-601 waiver which may be hard to win. And is there enough prove of hardship to win I-601 if my 21 years old son who is US citizen to apply for me. He is full time student and depend on me. Thanks in advance

1. F. J. Capriotti III

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . I'd suggest starting with an I-130 (with an attorney's assistance).

Then, you can 'balance' your options in 3-6 months, once the I-130 is approved.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

1

Answered . Your options should be evaluated by an experienced immigration attorney in person who should review all pros and cons of each options and communicate each viable option to you in person.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

1

Answered . the answer to this question depends on two factors: 1. facts of the case you did not provide relative to hardship. 2. Degree of vividness of your imagination and strength of your believe in that immigration bill would indeed be passed soon.